What are the Requirements for the Program?
In order to qualify for this program, an applicant must have a career focus in the behavioral health field. Student must complete all requirements in the academic year. Other requirements include:
- Completing a Clinical Methods course.
- Completing a Clinical Methods course on evidence-based behavioral health interventions (Cognitive Behavioral Therapies, Integrated Behavioral Healthcare, or Core Concept in Trauma Treatment, Clinical Social Work with Addictive Behaviors).
- Completing a 1-credit Inter-professional course offered on campus OR participating in other interprofessional experiences (e.g., UMB’s President’s Clinic, UMB’s Inter-professional Competition, etc);
- Successfully completing the BHWISE approved Advanced Field Placement for the academic year.
- Attending six monthly seminars on to integrate your field experience and learn from a speaker working in behavioral health;
- Signing a commitment letter, stating intent to pursue employment in behavioral health upon graduation.