The Financial Social Work Initiative (FSWI) is seeking a student eligible for Federal Work Study to work up to 10 hours/week. This position will work directly with Dr. Jacobson, Chair of the FSWI Steering Committee and other committee members on various research and innovative projects.
Projects include event planning, research, and administrative work related to financial social work. Hours are flexible and most work can be done off-campus. Students must be eligible for Federal Work Study. For more information about the FSWI see: www.ssw.umaryland.edu/fsw.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
- Good research skills, specifically the ability to conduct literature reviews
- Clear communication and organization skills to assist with meetings, professional presentations and online presence
- Passion for moving the field of financial social work and client financial capability forward within the SSW and beyond
- Gain valuable professional experience
- Flexible work schedule
- Network with faculty, community organizations, and other FSWI stakeholders
- Learn about building the economic strength of individuals and communities, including students
If interested, please send your resume with cover letter to Dr. Jodi Jacobson via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1, 2012.