The Instructional Technology division of the Informatics Department seeks a student to assist in a research project on Internet information organization and other miscellaneous, technical duties.
- Based in the Informatics Department
- Beginning ASAP
- Must have about 10-20 hours available per week
- Days: Tuesday - Friday
- Generous research pay scale
- Must be comfortable with computer technology, such as Excel and Blackboard.
- Have skills in using the internet and researching resources that are useful and related to social work.
- Be able to communicate well and interact with requests in an efficient manner
- Be comfortable with getting trained if necessary.
1. Online Multimedia Research -- The student will be required to research and find credible online multimedia sites for the Faculty Resource Cabinet to be posted onto Blackboard.
The student will update the Excel database provided, filling in all the information required from the sites that are of interest and save it with the date and e-mail it to the supervisor every week, closely following the existing format of the database.
2. Blackboard Tasks -- Blackboard tasks are assigned, such as closing old courses and archiving and opening new courses and will also create/upload URL links onto Blackboard that correspond with the online resources researched and found to be useful.
3. Assistance Tasks -- These may include updating lists in Microsoft Word for the supervisor, updating PowerPoint or other files as required, helping with filing as directed, copying, training workshop assistance, and other tasks as assigned
4. Communication Tasks --
Briefly e-mail supervisor every session that student works with tasks completed
Please contact Archana at firstname.lastname@example.org