Welcome to the University of Maryland School of Social Work!
Field Education is a significant portion of your social work education. It is the place where you will apply the knowledge and skills you learn in the classroom to actual people and to real situations, under the supervision of a seasoned social worker. It is a place where you learn to make a real, lasting contribution to the lives of others.
- You must submit a field placement application within 2 weeks of paying your $300 comfirmation deposit.
- If you do not have a UM ID, go to the MyUMB Portal to set up your account.
- We cannot guarantee placement for any application received after June 1. Students who submit an applicaiton after June 1 may be required to become part-time if a field placement is not available.
*NOTE* It may take 24 hours for your UM ID to be processed in the system before it will allow you to complete a field application.
- If you are awaiting approval for financial aid, you must still complete your application by the due date! Late applicants are not guaranteed placement and may need to change their enrollment to part-time.
- To complete the Field Application, go to the Current Student Page and use your UM ID and password to log into your Electronic Field Notebook (EFN.) Bookmark this page - you will be returning throughout the year to complete all of your Field assignments.
We wish you every success as you begin your professional training.
Please view our updated Frequently Asked Questions Page for more information.
Please contact us with any questions you may have. You may call or email the Office of Field Education to schedule an appointment with a Field Coordinator to discuss your field opportunities at (410) 706-7187 or firstname.lastname@example.org.