The SGA's primary mission is to consistently work toward making the student experience at SSW as fulfilling and rewarding as possible. The SGA does this in several ways:
- By assessing and addressing student needs, ideas and concerns and bringing these to the attention of the SSW administration and other important stakeholders.
- By sponsoring student activities and encouraging student participation in supported groups in order to create a sense of connection to the SSW and Baltimore communities.
- By committing to provide a positive and accepting space for discussion
- By working closely with the Office of Student Services (OSS) to appoint student representatives to serve on faculty committees.
- Baccalaureate Program
- Clinical Concentration
- Diversity and Anti-Oppression Group
- Educational Resources and Informatics (Technology)
- Field Education
- Global Initiatives
- Management and Community Organization (MACRO)
- Master’s Program
- Student Grievance
- Student Review
- Social Work Community Outreach Service (SWCOS)
If you are interested in serving on one of these committees, please email SGA to request additional information.
SGA is annually funded from student activities fees, which are disbursed to SSW "recognized" student organizations for promotion of the organizations' goals.
Meeting dates and times are announced weekly in the School of Social Work's Daily Bulletin.