Morning and Afternoon Sessions
Southern Management Corporation Campus Center
621 West Lombard Street [Between Greene and Penn Streets]
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Orientation to Advanced Field
UMB School of Social Work
525 West Redwood Street [Between Paca and Greene Street]
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Time: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
* Check-In Registration for Orientation will occur from 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. in the SMC Campus Center.
* Parking is available for students at the Lexington Garage located at 680 W. Lexington Street at the corner of Pine and Lexington.
* Morning and Afternoon Sessions is scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Campus Center and the following will occur:
- Sponsorship of Formal Program/Orientation Speakers
- Sponsorship of Mandatory Academic-Oriented Lectures for students titled as follows: A) “Writing Skills Instruction/APA Lecture AND B) Instructional Technology Services/ Blackboard Lecture
- Issuance of Parking Permits [students can opt to purchase permits online--see parking link below]
- Issuance of UM One Card to new students [You must have an ID to access campus buildings]
- Lunch provided by the SSW Student Government Association from 11:00 a.m. to Noon.
- UM Campus Resource Fair on 2nd Level of SMC Campus Center from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
- Sponsorship of Campus Tours by SGA beginning at 2:15 p.m.
Attention: My UMB Mail Account is established by incoming students as a result of an-email being sent to new students. The e-mail message will inform new students on how to establish their “My UM Mail Account” on-line (via UM Portal Account Management Site/c/o SSW Computing Center). The My UMB Mail account is the Baltimore campus-wide e-mail service that allows students to access databases, electronic services, HS/HSL, etc.]
**Orientation to Advanced Field 1:30 to 5:00 p.m. - SSW Auditorium on Monday, August 26th**
Foundation students entering field fall 2013 must attend their Field Education Orientation on Tuesday, August 27 OR Wednesday, August 28, 8:30-4:30 PM. You will receive more information about Field Orientation during the summer.
Important UMB Web-sites:
-Student Health Insurance/Immunizations/Health Services Information - www.umaryland.edu/health
-Financial-Assistance and Education Information - www.umaryland.edu/fin
-Parking and Commuter Information - www.parking.umaryland.edu
-Information for Students with Disabilities - www.umaryland.edu/disabilityservices
-Information Technology/MyUMB Mail/Help Desk – www.umaryland.edu/helpdesk
-Housing Information - www.housing.umaryland.edu
-SSW Student Services Email - email@example.com
-SMC Campus Center – www.umaryland.edu/smccampuscenter
-UM One Card/Student ID: http://www.umb-one.umaryland.edu/_photos_submission.html
-SSW Registration Office Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
-LGSW Licensing Information – www.dhmh.maryland.gov/bswe/SitePages/Licensing.aspx