The Social Work Community Outreach Service [SWCOS] concentrates its efforts in vulnerable communities with people who have been marginalized.
Our efforts include:
- Identify and build the capacities of individuals, families, communities, and community-based organizations to solve their problems;
- Demonstrate that the problems our society faces are solvable by creating, implementing, evaluating and publicizing model solutions;
- Demonstrate to the larger society that all of its members have something valuable to contribute to the problem solving process;
- Remind people that inclusion and participation of all in problem solving will lead to more effective solutions;
- Inspire people to enter this exciting struggle for social justice and to create new professional roles;and
- Inspire and strengthen the profession to take a stronger role in the solution of society’s problems.
A sounding board and strategy partner as we strive to reach our mission and program goals.
SWCOS creates and implements innovative models of social work.
SWCOS is bridging the campus with the community.
SWCOS: Unleashing Power, Sharing Passion, Making it Last