The following list outlines the responsibilities of applicants to the University of Maryland School of Social Work. Failure to comply may result in application delays, lost data, lost application fees and/or missed deadlines.
1. Applicants are expected to become familiar with and observe the application procedures and admission requirements for the application type and term for which they apply. The application process is self-guided and applicants are responsible for ensuring materials have been received and are complete.
2. All application documents, including primary and secondary application forms, transcripts, letters of evaluation, and fees must be submitted before the posted deadlines. Deadlines are the last date by which we should receive all application materials.
3. After applications are submitted, applicants must complete all Supplemental Items before the application deadline. Please allow 5 business days from the date of submission for updates to occur. Submitted applications are not complete until all Supplemental Items items are marked as 'Received' and the Application Status is marked as 'Completed'.
If you have questions about an application, please reach out to your admission counselor based on the first letter of your last name (see table below).
|A-K||Ms. Natalie Flowersemail@example.com|
|L-Z||Ms. Shannon DeGrossfirstname.lastname@example.org|
4. All application materials needing to be mailed should be addressed:
University of Maryland School of Social Work
Attn: Office of Admissions
525 W. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Do NOT send materials to the Graduate School. This will delay applications or cancel them.
5. Applicants with criminal convictions or pending charges must submit all required documentation before their application is considered complete. They must also respond promptly to any invitations for an interview with the admissions committee. In those instances when an applicant cannot appear for a previously scheduled interview, the applicant is responsible for canceling the appointment with reasonable notice. To properly cancel an interview, applicants must contact the Dean of Admissions at DWHITE@ssw.umaryland.edu.
6. Applicants requesting fee waivers should email proper documentation to your Admissions Counselor at least 7 days before the deadline to allow time for processing. Please note: when fee waivers are awarded, students will receive a promo code via email. If a fee waiver is declined, the $65 application fee is required to submit an application. Invitation letters will NOT be accepted as proper documentation.
7. Applicants accepting an offer to attend UMB SSW must pay a non-refundable $300 confirmation deposit within 3 weeks of being accepted. Comprehensive financial aid packages are not guaranteed before this deadline.