Alumni Association Board of Directors
The University of Maryland School of Social Work Alumni interested in serving on the Alumni Board Association are asked to submit an application for consideration.
Deadline: March 1
The Selection Process
The Recognition/Nominations Committee will review candidates and provide a recommendation to the Board for approval at the March Alumni Board meeting. The volunteer position will begin on September 1 of the year you are chosen, and the term is three years. The Nominations Committee thanks you in advance for your interest and willingness to serve.
Board members have four primary expectations:
- Foster and promote the general welfare of the Alumni Association and the School of Social Work by representing the Association and the School in the community, region and beyond.
- Attend 75% of meetings (In-person attendance expected at September meeting) and 2/3 of Alumni board-sponsored events, including at least one networking event.
- Serve on at least one board committee and participate in committee meetings in person and/or by phone
- Outreach & Networking Committee
- Recognition Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Make an annual gift.
Use the following link https://www.ssw.umaryland.edu/alumni/get-involved/alumni-board/ to nominate yourself or another UM SSW alum. All applications are due March 1.