CPE Facilitator Information:
Facilitators are an intricate team member of the Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE). Every facilitator is a direct reflection of the University and CPE. As a facilitator, your registration tuition is waived, making this position highly sought after.
We are in search of candidates who are responsible, timely, organized, and proficient in light administrative work. Above all else, it is crucial that our future facilitators possess strong time management and customer service skills.
1. You MUST arrive to the workshop location one hour before the workshop begins. This extra time allows you to complete the following duties:
a. Ensuring the meeting room is set-up properly.
b. Making sure all audio-visual equipment are working.
c. Unpacking any boxes of attendee materials that were sent to the workshop site.
d. Handling any issues that may arise.
2. You will process morning registrations, greet attendees, and distribute written materials.
3. You will make the morning announcements and introduce the speaker.
4. You are required to be available all day to answer attendee questions, assist speaker, and troubleshoot situations that may arise.
5. You MUST scan attendance sheets during lunch breaks to our department at email@example.com
6. At the end of the day, you will distribute CEU certificates individually. Using the self-addressed envelope provided to return all materials and mail within 24 hours.
- Facilitators are not allowed to display promotional materials other than those dictated to you by CPE. This includes, but is not limited to, materials from companies and/or associations that you may be affiliated with. CPE reserves the right to determine what materials are displayed at our seminar sites.
- You are not allowed to bring guests or assistants. It is our department that determines if a second coordinator is needed, and we will arrange this for you.
- In order to receive CEUs Certificates, Facilitators must complete the duties as outlined and stay for the duration of the workshop.
UMSSW-CPE reserves the right to terminate facilitator’s privileges and withhold CEU certificates due to misconduct or unsatisfactory completion of duties.