Field Orientation Information – Fall 2019
Field Orientation - Fall 2019
If you are new to field at the University of Maryland School of Social Work (Foundation, Advanced Standing*, Transfer Student, Part-Time Student now full time entering Field) you are required to attend a Field Orientation prior to the beginning of the fall semester. The Orientation will provide you with important information to prepare you for the field practicum. This date will also count as your first day of field education. Students whose status is "Advanced" and who have already completed the first year field practicum at the University of Maryland, School of Social Work are not required to attend Field Orientation.
If you are a Foundation student, please hold the following dates on your calendar:
* Registration will start at 8:30am and orientation is from 9:00am – 5pm for each of the orientation dates below.
- August 20th - Foundation Orientation
- August 22nd - Foundation Orientation
- August 23rd - Foundation Orientation
Your Field Orientation date will be assigned to you at a later time and is based on your field placement assignment.
Advanced Standing students are required to attend orientation on August 19, 2019.
· Registration will start at 12:30pm and orientation is from 1:00pm – 5:00pm.
All students are required to register for orientation to specify lunch preferences. However you will not be registering for a specific orientation date. Please click here to register.
All orientation sessions will be held in the auditorium at the School of Social Work. At your Field Orientation you will have a chance to meet other students, receive your field manual and learn about the academic and professional requirements for your field placement.
We look forward to working with you. Congratulations again on securing a field placement for the upcoming academic year!
Directions and Parking Information:
All Field orientation dates are held at:
University of Maryland School of Social Work
525 West Redwood St. Baltimore, MD 21201
Office of Field Education
* Advanced Standing status is available to students who have completed, within five years prior to their enrollment in the School, an undergraduate program in social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.