If you are new to field at the University of Maryland School of Social Work (Foundation, Advanced Standing*, Transfer Student, Part-Time Student who will be full-time entering Field), you are required to attend a Field Orientation prior to the beginning of the fall semester.
The Student Field Orientation was comprised of two parts. Part 1 is a series of short videos, and Part 2 was a “live zoom meeting”/Student Field Orientation, which you are were required to attend for one day during the week of August 16. Click here to access short videos. The dates for Orientation are as follows:
- Advanced Standing - August 16, 2021, 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm click here to register
- Foundation Orientation (Last Name A-K) - Tuesday, August 17, 2021, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm click here to register
- Foundation Orientation (Last Name L-Q) - Thursday, August 19, 2021, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm click here to register
- Foundation Orientation (Last Name R-Z) - Friday, August 20, 2021, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm click here to register
- Part 1. (REQUIRED): Watch the list of short videos identified above and posted on the SSW website at your own pace (preferably prior to the start of field.) To view, the videos click the links below:
- Part 2 (OPTIONAL): After you have reviewed the videos you are invited to attend a live webinar meeting with other New Field Instructors and SSW Field Education Faculty where you will receive answers to any of your questions while we review the central field instructor and student expectations. The New Field Instructor Orientation Live-Webinar is not eligible for CEUs. Eligible workshops are on topics applicable for all social work professionals and not limited to field education.