How can I make a gift?
The School of Social Work accepts multiple methods to receive charitable contribution. Donors can choose to make a gift via check, money order, credit card, cash, stock, IRA rollover, or via wire transfer. UMB employees are also able to make a gift via payroll deduction.

To give online: You can use your credit card or digital wallet options to make an online gift here.

To give via check:
Please make your check payable to UMB Foundation. You can send your check to:

UMB Foundation
220 N. Arch Street, 13th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201

To give via employee payroll deduction, click here.

If you prefer to give via stock, IRA rollover, or wire transfer, please contact Isabelle Garcia at Isabelle.garcia@ssw.umaryland.edu.


Can I give to a particular unit or fund within the School of Social Work?
Yes! While giving online, you can choose one of our funds to designate your gift. If you are making a gift via check, you can write your fund designation in the memo line.


What if I have a question about making a gift?
The School’s Development and Alumni Relations team is happy to answer any questions that you may have about your gift. Please give us a call at 410-706-0835. You can also email Isabelle.garcia@ssw.umaryland.edu.


Does the School of Social Work accept gifts in kind?
In some instances, the School of Social Work accepts in-kind gifts that will go directly to students and families who are participating in the Social Work Community Outreach Service (SWCOS) unit. If you are interested in making an in-kind donation like gift cards and other essential supplies, please contact Isabelle.garcia@ssw.umaryland.edu.


Will you send me a tax receipt after I make my gift?
Yes, you will receive a tax receipt. Online gifts will receive an automatic email with their tax receipt. UMB Foundation will mail tax receipts to donors who choose to make their gifts via mail.


I am interested in including the School of Social Work in my estate plans. How do I make this happen?
Thank you so much for considering the School in your estate plans. The Verl Lewis Society, named after the School’s first dean, is a group of individuals who are leaving a legacy gift to the School of Social Work. Please contact David Flinchbaugh at dflinchbaugh@ssw.umaryland.edu to talk about how to be member of the Verl Lewis Society.