To be in entered in the system you should have finished all the paperwork that Human resources requires. You may also request for a temporary affiliate account from Human Resources. Once you are in the system , you still need to go to MYUMB and set up your account and check your details. However you can also access this through the Blackboard site (blackboard.umaryland.edu, no www)
To set up your account for the first time, Click on the 'First Time User, Setup Your Password' link. Provide the information requested and Submit it and follow the steps to set up your username and password. If you have any questions about how to do this or would like some help doing this, please contact the helpdesk at 410-706-HELP.
Once you are registered, you are there in the system , you still need to go to MYUMB and set up your account. Courses are usually automatically opened on the day of student orientation prior to the semester. Please note: you may not see the courses you're enrolled in immediately as faculty can choose to delay the opening if needed. If you need assistance please contact the helpdesk at 410-706-HELP.
Common Login Issues
Forgot password? Already have an account but cant get in? First if you are getting invalid login or username/password error please reset your password.
Please Note: 6 Unsuccessful Login Attempts will Lock your UMID Account
After 6 unsuccessful attempts to log into any UMID authenticated application or service, your account will be locked. UMID authenticated applications and services include, but are not limited to: UM Portal, eUM HRMS, eUM Financials, RAVEN, COEUS, Effort Reporting, Electronic Time Sheets, Blackboard, MediaSite, GoogleApps@UMaryland and SURFS.
To unlock your account, you have the following options:
1. Stop trying to login and wait at least 10 minutes. Then try again with the correct UMID and UM Password. Accounts will automatically unlock after 10 minutes of inactivity.
2. Go to the UM Account Management Site, click on the “I cannot log into UM Account” link. You will be able to reset your password and unlock your account
3. Contact the IT Help Desk at 410 706-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What to do if you have issues logging in after resetting password:
• Try using the latest Firefox browser and clear your cache.
• If you continue to have login issues, please visit the following URL and email the helpdesk (email@example.com) with what details the system send back to you:
• Also, please include what you are experiencing when you try to log into Blackboard – are you getting an error, or a timeout?
• Are you able to authenticate with your UMID?
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.