The goal of the Career Development Center is to prepare students and graduates to enter the social work profession and job market by providing workshops, individual consultation, and transition from campus to career support. Our services are constructed to develop greater self-confidence, expand awareness of career opportunities, and foster connections and networks for effective job search practices.
Career Development Center
We are excited to share the results of our survey of recent graduates of our MSW program from December 2021, May 2022, and July 2022. After hearing from 51% of graduates (196 out of 383) as of January 31, 2023, we can share the following information.
- Over 80% of respondents were employed in two months or less after graduation
- Average starting salary range for UMSSW alums is $59k-$68k
- Over 89% of UMSSW alums received starting salaries over $50k
- 127 of 128 have passed the LMSW exam with 46 planning to take it in the future
- Over 70% of employers are offering Retirement Benefits
- Over 84% of employers are offering LMSW Supervision hours
- Over 88% of employers are offering Paid Time off and Health Insurance
- 55% of employers are offering $ for CEU's
For more information, check out our Infographic:
DAWN SHAFER, LCSW-C
Associate Dean for Student Affairs
ALEX COSENTINO-TICH, LCSW-C (they/them)
Academic and Career Advisor
HENRIETTE TAYLOR, LMSW
Assistant Dean for Student Services
Ready to be a Changemaker?
HAVE QUESTIONS FOR US?Request Information
READY TO START YOUR DEGREE?Apply