The goal of the Career Development Center is to prepare students and graduates to enter the social work profession and job market by providing workshops, individual consultation, and transition from campus to career support. Our services are constructed to develop greater self-confidence, expand awareness of career opportunities, and foster connections and networks for effective job search practices.
LICENSE & EXAM PREP
Learn more about Licensing & Exam Preparation
Post or View Job Listings
We are excited to share the preliminary results of our survey of recent graduates of our MSW program from December 2021, May 2022, and July 2022. After hearing from 42% of graduates (161 out of 383) as of September 6, 2022, we can share the following information.
- Over 90% of respondents were employed in two months or less after graduation
- Average starting salary range for UMSSW alums is $59k-$68k
- Over 89% of UMSSW alums received starting salaries over $50k
- 111 of 113 have passed the LMSW exam with 46 planning to take it in the future
- Over 70% of employers are offering Retirement Benefits
- Over 88% of employers are offering LMSW Supervision hours
- Over 90% of employers are offering Paid Time off and Health Insurance
- 57% of employers are offering $ for CEU's
For more information, check out our Infographic: