Guidewell Social Service Support
GUIDEWELL FINANCIAL NOW OFFERS FREE SOCIAL SERVICE SUPPORT TO LOCAL CLIENTS
Our Caring, Professional Social Workers Help Community Members Gain Perspective and Well Being
We have exciting news! Nonprofit Guidewell Financial Solutions now offers local clients free professional social work services. Participation is open to clients who have received financial or housing counseling or coaching from our agency within the past two years and who are capable of traveling to our Catonsville, Maryland office.
This initiative is an outgrowth of our ongoing partnership with the University of Maryland School of Social Work. It came about because we recognize that personal finance and emotional health are closely linked. The stress that results from struggling with serious debt, bankruptcy, or foreclosure sometimes impacts other parts of your life and may cause depression or family communication or interpersonal relationship problems.
Here are some of the services the social work initiative provides:
- Supportive counseling to help clients deal with interpersonal / family difficulties, mental health concerns, and stressors such as chronic illness or job loss
- Family counseling to help clients build better communication or cope with life changes such as divorce or the death of a loved one
- Psychosocial assessment and intervention to help clients improve their well being and gain vital resources
- Referral to other outside resources that may help clients gain benefits or attain vocational goals and skills
- Services and resources specifically geared to help clients who are members of vulnerable populations, such as at-risk mothers, single parent households, or domestic violence victims
- Counseling to help clients manage issues that stem from or contribute to financial strain
Clients who take part in the Guidewell Financial Solutions social work program receive advice and resources to deal with these problems -- and more. Here's how it works:
- On Mondays and Wednesdays, Dr. Christine Callahan, PhD, LCSWC, and MSW intern Victoria Cron are on hand at our headquarters to provide advice and support.
- To schedule a social work session, clients first contact Victoria at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-642-2227 X4034 and provide their names and client ID numbers. She then follows up with them to schedule an appointment.
- All appointments take place in-person at agency headquarters (757 Frederick Road, Suite 2, Catonsville, MD 21228).
- Sessions are personalized to meet each client's need and are completely confidential and free of charge.
If you have staff, clients, or members who need help managing their household finances or dealing with housing issues, please ask them to call us at 1-800-642-2227. To learn more about the link between money problems and emotional well being, join Victoria on our agency Facebook page every Thursday in November. Let's learn to address financial stress!
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is the founding campus of the University System of Maryland.
620 W. Lexington St., Baltimore, MD 21201 | 410-706-3100
© 2017-2018 University of Maryland, Baltimore. All rights reserved.