Congratulations on your upcoming graduation! If you believe there is a good chance we will mispronounce your name at graduation, please upload an audio file of you saying your name so we can listen to it prior to recording the reading of your name. Please follow the instructions below for the phone or computer you plan on using. Thank you.
Phonetic Name Submission
Step 1 - Record Audio
Recording From iPhone
- Find a quiet place where you can record.
- Locate the Voice Memos app on your iphone, it may be located in the Utilities folder. If you have moved this, you can easily locate this by searching or asking Siri to "Open the Voice Memos App".
- To begin recording tap the red circle button.
- Record yourself saying your name, how you would like it pronounced during convocation.
- Stop the recording by tapping the red circle button again.
- Tap the 3 blue dots to the left of the Play button and select "share".
- You can then email the file to yourself, to save on your computer & upload to the form below.
Recording From Android
- Look for a voice recording app on your phone. Since each Android is different, there is no standard voice recorder app for Android like there is for the iphone. Your phone may have an app installed already, or you may have to download one yourself. Look for apps labeled "Recorder," "Voice Recorder," "Memo," "Notes," etc.
- Tap the record button to start recording, record your name the way you would like it pronounced at convocation.
- Select share to email the voice recording to yourself, you will then be able to save the recording onto your computer to upload to the form.
Recording From a Computer
If you are unable to record audio on your phone you may be able to record on your computer by using your webcam. Open your Photobooth or Webcam app, and select a video recording. Record yourself saying your name the way you would like it pronounced during convocation & then upload it to the form below.
Fill out my online form.
Ready to be a Changemaker?
HAVE QUESTIONS FOR US?Request Information
READY TO START YOUR DEGREE?Apply