The 53-credit curriculum begins with 23 credits of core courses:
- research seminar (2 credits);
- quantitative and qualitative research design and methods (9 credits);
- data analysis and statistics (6 credits); and
- research practicum (6 credits)
Additional required courses include:
- intervention research (3 credits);
- integrative seminar (3 credits);
- teaching methods (3 credits);
- advanced research or data analysis in the student’s area of interest (3 credits), and
- theory in the student’s area of interest (3 credits)
Students also take another 3-credit elective.
After completing integrative seminar, students take a comprehensive examination. The final phase of the program is the completion of 12 hours of doctoral dissertation credits.