VA Educational Benefits
Students attending the University Of Maryland School Of Social Work using Veterans Education Benefits may receive assistance with enrollment certification at the SSW Office of Records and Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All new and returning students interested in using VA Education Benefits must submit the following documentation and forms to the Office of Records and Registration prior to being certified:
- Copy of Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of Change of Program/Place Training (Form 22-1995, if applicable) *Student should submit form to the Department of Veterans Affairs prior to requesting certification.
- VA Education Benefits Declaration of Intent for Newly Admitted Students
- VA Education Benefits Declaration of Intent for Returning Students (must be submitted each semester)
- Copy of Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (newly admitted students only)
- Authorization of Certification of Entrance/Reentrance Form 28-1905 (if Chapter 31) with case manager’s approval. Request for Supplies Form 28-1905m*(newly admitted students)
Eligible students certified on a per semester basis. Benefits do not automatically roll over from one semester to another. Once registered, students must notify the Office of Records and Registration each semester that they would like to continue to use VA Educational Benefits.
The school is required to notify the Department of Veteran Affairs of any changes in a certified student’s status, which includes decrease in credit level for a semester, academic withdrawal, academic risk and change of address.